Service of Alcoholic Beverages

  1. A license to engage in the sale of any alcoholic beverage is not available to any individual, group, or campus unit acting in the name of The Regents, or in the name of the University.
  2. The regular service of alcoholic beverages, including the provision of bottle lockers, mixers, ice, or glassware, in unlicensed faculty clubs or campus organized faculty or student lounges is prohibited.
  3. The furnishing or sale of any alcoholic beverages to anyone under 21 years of age within any University-owned or operated facility is prohibited.
  4. The service of alcoholic beverages to groups exclusively 21 years of age or older is permissible at occasional special events. No sale of such beverages may take place at the special event without the prior issuance of an alcoholic beverage license. (Sale of alcoholic beverages by an appropriately licensed caterer in conjunction with a bona fide catered meal fulfills the license requirements.)
  5. Alcoholic beverages may be served at receptions or events only when the cost can be recharged to non-state funds.
  6. A representative of the hosting organization/department, who is responsible for the event, will be present at all times during the function.
  7. Alcoholic beverages will not be consumed by individuals under 21 years of age. Non-alcoholic beverages will be available in sufficient quantities.
  8. Although alcoholic beverages will be given away, they will not be sold at this event.
  9. Any special need for security will be determined by the Site Scheduling Coordinator and/or the Director of Student Life in cooperation with UC Police Department as necessary.
  10. Publicity for the event will not advertise the availability of alcoholic beverages.
  11. The event will be confined to members of the campus community and their guests. The term "guest" does not imply the general public.
  12. An Alcohol Request Form will be submitted 10 days prior to the scheduled UCSF event.

    Registered Campus Organizations must submit a request through OrgSync by creating an Event in your respective organization portal.

    Student Governments must submit a request through OrgSync by creating an Event in your respective student government portal.

    UCSF Departments must submit a request using the Alcohol Request Form.