All RCO events on- or off-campus must be approved by Student Life. Event approval is obtained by submitting an event request in OrgSync. Depending on the nature of your event, your RCO may be required to secure liability insurance. Please remember that RCOs should not sign any contracts for off-campus events without consulting with Student Life.   

Student RCOs may reserve tables and chairs through Student Life. Starting in September 2014, there will be a 2-table and 4-chair limit per event request. If a RCO needs more than the allotted amount, a fee may be charged.  

Educational Technology Services (ETS) has implemented a “no-show” policy. RCOs may be charged if they reserve a room and do not utilize the space. Cancellation must be provided 48 hours in advance.

How to Submit an Event to OrgSync

Please log into OrgSync, navigate to your organization's portal and submit an Event Request . Within the Event Request Form you will be able to request table & chairs, ask permission to serve alcohol and even publicize your event. If you have any questions or would like to speak to one of our staff members, please contact Student Life!

Top 10 Steps to Planning a Successful RCO Event

  1. Pick a date.
  2. Decide how many people you are going to invite.
  3. Choose a location and reserve either through OrgSync or with the site coordinator.
  4. Order tables & chairs through OrgSync's Event Request Form.
  5. Get permission to serve alcohol OrgSync's Event Request Form.
  6. Find the cash by requesting funding in OrgSync through a budget request.
  7. Look into event insurance and make sure your event is covered by the University Insurance Policy.
  8. Review the Events Accessibility Guide.
  9. Rent AV equipment.
  10. Get support during your event. Who do you call?
    • Technical support
      Contact Classroom Support (415) 476-4310 OR (415) 476-4357. Available Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
    • Info. or support with already-reserved tables, chairs or unlocking of doors during an event
      Contact Facilities Management (415) 476-2021: open Mon-Fr, 8 a.m.-10 p.m. If you are calling outside of regular business hours, they will forward calls to the power plant number (listed below.)
    • Non-emergency weekends/after-hours
      (415) 476-1414: UCPD, open 24 hours/seven days a week. Please note: They do charge for some services.
    • Electric power, lockouts etc.
      (415) 476-4066 Power Plant/utilities will put you in touch with campus engineers. They do not charge for their services.
    • Emergency: 9 - 911
      Must dial from a land line campus phone. This is the fastest way to get help on campus in case of emergency. Dial 911 from a cell phone.